The British Council will be closed from 24 December to 1 January due to the end of the year holidays. We will resume our activities on 2 January. Happy Holidays!
Our Library (Biblioteca do Centro Brasileiro Britânico) is a partnership between the British Council and Cultura Inglesa. It offers the public:
• Approximately 7,000 books in English, with a focus on British literature, as well as reference works and collections, complementary arts, biography, geography and history;
• British magazines;
• Internet access to educational and cultural research in the UK;
• Access to British television programmes (BBC).
How to get your library card
If you reside in São Paulo and are over 16 years old, you can join the library and borrow books and magazines. It’s very easy:
• Submit an original document with photo (ID or driver's license) or, for non-Brazilian residents, RNE or passport;
• Submit proof of current address (e.g. a utility bill);
• Pay the fee of R$ 20.00;
São Paulo residents over 60 years old are exempt of the fee.
There are regular cultural events in the library such as the reading club and lectures about studying in the UK. Check our What’s on page to see the upcoming events.