The British Council is seeking English Language Specialist Company to provide support administrative tasks to the Steering Group (SG) led by the British Council during the activities produced within the Skills for Prosperity programme.
Apply by: 28 August 2020
Start date: 2 September 2020
YOU CAN FIND INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY BELOW.
About the project
The British Council is part of a consortium with Brazilian institutions that with funding from the British Government, will develop a program that aims to achieve a higher level of prosperity in Brazil through a significant change in English language teaching. Through an English teaching system focused on skills development, the program aims to enhance inclusive economic growth in Brazil by improving, in the long run, the employability and job opportunities, among other results that will positively impact potential beneficiaries.
The programme will have pilots in 5 states and is expected to have an impact on up to 16 million students and 126 thousand public school English teachers (both indirectly and directly) through four main outputs: Policy and regulatory reform, design and delivery of ELT curriculum reform, teacher training, and a crosscutting equity output.
The British Council role is of the ELT partner of the consortium with a technical, advisory, and strategic role across the different project outputs, while also leading the observatory role to engage key stakeholders to disseminate knowledge and best practices.
As the ELT partner, the British Council counts with the engagement of highly qualified experts in ELT/ELL, public policies, leadership and research. The experts work in a consultancy basis forming a Steering Group led by the British Council to provide technical advice and insight through critical readings, reviews and analysis of documents and activities produced within the programme.
The purpose and scope of this RFP and supporting documents is to explain in further detail the requirements of the British Council and the procurement process for submitting a proposal.
The British Council’s role as the ELT partner of the consortium requires the services of highly qualified experts in English Language Teaching and Learning. The supplier will work directly with a committee of specialists in the field, and the British Council staff to provide the following services:
• Participating in presential/online activities;
• Scheduling, following up and monitoring meetings and activities developed by the Steering Group
• Monitoring the work and activities involving the Steering Group;
• Writing meeting minutes, revise texts produced by the SG;
• Leading the elaboration of technical reports by the SG and ensuring deliveries on time;
• Reporting activities developed between the Steering group, the programme and the consortium leads;
• Producing narrative and technical reports;
• Providing technical advice and insights through discussion and critical readings.
Mandatory Requirements / Constraints
Supplier must be a registered company, thus have a valid CNPJ, according to Brazilian legislation.
Supplier must be specialised in ELT/ELL, with fluent English knowledge to be able to participate in meetings and elaborate documents and reports.
As part of the proposal, suppliers must confirm that they meet the mandatory requirements / constraints, if any, as set out in the British Council’s specification forming part of this RFP. A failure to comply with one or more mandatory requirements or constraints shall entitle the British Council to reject a proposal in full.
How to Apply
Suppliers interested in this Request for Proposal should submit the following documents to email@example.com by the Response Deadline, as set out in the Timescales section of this RFP:
• A Brief presentation of company’s experience in the market (either linked to corporate or academic sector)
• Updated CV of professional(s) involved in rendering the services, with relevant qualification and experience.
• Express of interest cover letter stating why the company is best suited to render the services.
For the complete Request for Proposal, please download the PDF document available in the "Downloads" section of this webpage.