Teacher trainers are essential to support the career development of teachers in practice and in training. They play a variety of roles which may include:
- Informally providing advice to early-career teachers in a school setting
- Providing training for teachers within a ministry of education teacher development program
- Working as an e-moderator in a MOOC for teachers
- Working as a tutor on a certificate or diploma level teacher qualification course at a private training institute
- Overseeing the provision of professional development as a school principal or director of studies
- Conducting academic research on teacher education in a university environment
- Facilitating a community of practice composed of teachers working on a collaborative production
- Working as an inspector or supervisor assessing the competence and performance of classroom teachers
- Formal guidance of professors in undergraduate/postgraduate training.
Regardless of the role or environment you work in, the British Council can support you with your career plan. Our support is open to everyone and free of charge.