About the Exchange Programme
The Exchange Programme is designed to build up connections between museums, cultural institutions and creative universities in Brazil and the United Kingdom. It encourages collaboration through the exchange of knowledge and best practice for the development of the cultural sector by providing resources for institutions to foster the capacity of staff and increase cross-cultural understanding resulting in partnerships.
The British Council is seeking applications interested in exchanging staff of Brazilian and UK institutions in either direction allowing candidates to have residencies with the partner institution or university for a minimum of two weeks and for no more than one month.
|Brazilian Institution||British Institution|
|Museu de Arte de São Paulo (MASP)||Central Saint Martins - UAL - University of the Arts London|
|Museu da Escravidão e da Liberdade - Rio de Janeiro||International Slavery Museum|
|Despina||The Fruitmarket Gallery|
|Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)||Coventry University|
|Museu do Amanhã||Science Museum|
|Museu da Vida / Casa de Oswaldo Cruz / Fundação Oswaldo Cruz||Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester|
|Memorial da Resistência de São Paulo||National Museums Liverpool|
|Instituto Inhotim||Tate Liverpool|
|Instituto Moreira Salles||National Portrait Gallery|
|Museu Câmara Cascudo||Whitechapel Gallery|
|Museu da Imigração do Estado de São Paulo||Horniman Museum and Gardens|
|MAR - Museu de Arte do Rio||LADA - Live Art Development Agency|
- Enhance professional development to strengthen institutional capacity;
- Disseminate good and innovative practice within and beyond the museums, cultural institutions and creative universities;
- Develop a broader knowledge about and understanding of each other cultures;Gain exposure to specific areas of institutional work;
- Provide skills and knowledge necessary to increase the sustainability and growth of institutions;
- Develop collaborative projects for future implementation.
Who can apply?
- Museums, public art galleries, creative universities (i.e., with faculties in areas such as the arts and creative sector) and not for-profit cultural institutions.
- Applications are made at an institutional level and applicants can not apply as individuals.
- Individuals selected by their museums, institutions or creative universities should be full-time permanent staff with a minimum of 3 years experience in the sector;
- This call does not cover artistic residencies.
How to apply
Applications are closed. Please read the Terms of Reference which is downloadable at the bottom of this page.
- The application has to be submitted online by 25 June 2017, 12pm (midday) GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
- Successful applications will be informed by 15 July 2017
- Travel and placements should take place for a minimum of two weeks and for no more than one month from August 2017 to mid of March 2018.