Cancelling your IELTS test
If you wish to cancel your IELTS test , you will receive a refund minus an administration fee of 25% of the test fee. Your request must be submited strictly up to:
- 30 working days prior to your test date for paper-based regular IELTS;
- 15 working days priot to your test date for computer delivered IELTS;
- 20 working days prior to your test date for IELTS for UKVI;
- 10 working days prior to your test date for IELTS Life Skills.
Requests submitted after this deadline will not be reimbursed.
The reimbursed fee will afterwards show up in the next 1 to 2 billing statements of your credit card, starting from the moment that your request has been processed. Be advised that your personal credit card statement closing date may also affect this timeframe, and make sure to stay tuned to your upcoming billing statements.
To cancel your test date, please download and complete our Request for Refund Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find it below in the download section.
Currently, it is not possible to ask for a test date transfer in Brazil. If you wish to sit the test on a different date/venue, you'll have to cancel your previous registration.
No-show policy (medical conditions)
If an original medical certificate confirming illness on the date of the test is provided within five calendar days* of the test date, the fee is refundable, minus an administration fee of 25% of the test fee.
Only original medical certificates in local language or English are accepted (International Classification of Diseases, ICD, is mandatory). Please submit the necessary documentation to email@example.com and wait to receive further instructions.
Please note that we do not accept sick notes issued by family members.
* for IELTS Life Skills test takers, medical certificate must be submited within a deadline of 2 calendar days after the teste date.