Discover all our dates!
Where can you take IELTS in Brazil?
We offer a range of convenient test dates in official IELTS test centre locations across Brazil.
You can take your test:
- On paper or on a computer at one of our official test centres. Whichever IELTS format you prefer, you will need to come to a test centre to sit your test.
- From the comfort of your home or anywhere with a reliable internet connection with IELTS Online (IELTS Academic only).
Use the dropdown to select your preferred location and see upcoming test dates.
Important: 1) Before registration candidate must confirm with the institution about the language level certificate requirements. There is no transfer between types of IELTS exams once registration is done. 2) All exams are in the centre.
Looking to work, study, or live in the UK?
If you need a visa for working or studying in the UK, then in some cases you may need to take IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration or IELTS Life Skills.
What you need to book IELTS in Brazil
1. A valid identification document (in Brazil, this could be Registro Geral (RG), Registro Nacional de Estrangeiros (RNE) or a valid Passport). All documents must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day.
PLEASE NOTE: CNH (Brazilian driver's licence) or professional documents won't be accepted as identification documents for IELTS purposes. You will also need to present the same document used during your registration on your test day. Remember to bring the document with you when you go to the test centre. Digital IDs are not accepted on the test day, you need to provide a physical copy to be able to sit the exam.
2. If you're under 18, one of your parents or your legal guardian will also need to complete the Parent consent form for candidates under 18 form.
3. A valid bank credit card. You can pay through our online booking system.
4. Remember to provide your complete address so you can receive your TRF (Test Report Form) properly. The address must be provided in Portuguese and must contain a valid CEP.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Ready: Premium.
- Your IELTS Reference Number so you can access the Test Taker portal.
We have several options of free preparation materials to help you get the IELTS score you want. You can prepare yourself with mobile apps, online courses and IELTS videos.
We’re here to assist if you have any accessibility needs that may impact on your ability to take IELTS. Find out more about our broad range of support tools and adjustments.
- Find out more about the conditions that apply when you apply to take the IELTS exam with the British Council.
- The choice of the type and module of the exam, as well as the attendance to it are the sole and complete responsibility of the candidate; all the exam sessions are subject to changes and/or cancellations without prior notice. The British Council will not be responsible for additional expenses (tickets, hotel, transport and/or meals) incurred by the candidate to take the exam.
The British Council believes that the care, protection and welfare of children are paramount and that all children have the right to be protected from harm. This includes our commitment to effective child protection systems, their well-being and ensuring children are safely collected from our exam premises.