Our official IELTS test centres can help if you have visual, hearing, speaking or learning difficulties.
If you need a modified version of IELTS (for example, braile papers or special Listening CD), please give the test centre 3 (three) months’ notice. If special adjustments (for example, extra time or headphones) need to be provided then please give the test centre 6 (six) weeks' notice.
Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have.
What do special arrangements include?
- braille papers
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print
- Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
If you have special needs that may require a modified IELTS test version or special adjustments, please contact your local test centre at firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline specified above, provinding us the following information:
- Full name;
- IELTS Reference Number (in case you are alredy registered);
- Test details (in case you are alredy registered);
- Preferred test date and venue (in case you are not yet registered);
- Medical certificate in English, specifying the required arrangements for your the test (see possibilities above);
- Contact number.