|To protect the health of IELTS test takers and examiners in light of novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), IELTS tests are temporarily suspended in some cities in Brazil. Click here for the full list of cities and more information on our security measures.|
The British Council in Brazil offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||900BRL||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||920BRL||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based or computer-delivered - in the cities of Belém, Manaus and Boa Vista||940BRL|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||1046BRL||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||795BRL||Book now
To book you test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or RG/RNE) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that CNH (driver's licence) or professional documents won't be accepted.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test-takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Remember to provide your complete address so you can receive your TRF (Test Report Form) properly. The address must be provided in Portuguese and must contain a valid CEP.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system via credit card only (MasterCard or Visa).
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a payment and ID confirmation message. Remember to confirm your test details (date, venue and module).
The confirmation message giving you the start time of your test and the venue address will be emailed to you up to 7 to 10 days before the test date.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date by e-mail up to 7 to 10 days before the test date.
After we confirm your payment, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.