Senior Manager Resources (Operations) - Gerente Sênior de Operações
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager Resources (Operations) - Gerente Sênior de Operações to work in our offices in São Paulo, Brazil.
|Location||São Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|Duration||Fixed Term Contract for 2 years.|
|Closing date||Domingo, Janeiro 30, 2022|
To manage resources of the office through a period of change, driving efficiencies where possible, while maintaining standards in risk, compliance, environmental frameworks and data protection in-line with corporate guidelines. The role also provides management of the registered entity for the British Council to operate in Brazil, known as the Associação Conselho Britânico.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following
- Take the strategic and operational lead for non-HR Resources Management in line with local, regional and global policies;
- Lead and implement any premises related projects, including possibility of new or upgraded premises, refurbishments, sourcing new and temporary work locations, developing flexible working strategies, etc. - in line with global policies and standards.
- Oversee the provision of professional, cost-effective and high quality services across our facilities and premises, including IT, maintenance, security, catering, cleaning, transport and messenger services – and any other services required to provide a comfortable and safe working environment for all staff and visitors.
- Design, implement and control the Health and Safety procedures across all premises and in all other venues where we have operations, ensuring compliance with corporate and local regulations and in those aspects related to staff security.
- Maintain an up to date facilities and asset list to ensure that properties and assets meet standards for safety, security and energy and environmental impact.
- Act as focal point for Information Knowledge Management, Health and Safety and the Environmental Framework Tool and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, providing oversight of risks and advising on strategies to manage those risks.
- Manage UK appointed staff presence, including knowledge of key processes and offical organisations applicable to incoming and exiting UKA staff; management of UKA residences and receipt and despatch of UKA staff personal goods on arrival and departure.
- Ensure British Council procurement policy and process is adequately followed, regularly checked and updated to guarantee VFM (value for money), compliance with local law / British Council policy and to mitigate any associated risks.
- Ensure the quality and compliance of contracts held by the British Council in line with local / UK law, regulations, internal policy and standards, as well as maintaining an accurate and up to date contract register for the office.
- Manage all overhead procurement exercises in country including Approved and Preferred Supplier List development, supplier relations, service delivery, and monitor performance of key suppliers.
- Manage the Facilities & Premises budget in compliance with corporate and local requirements, demonstrating efficiencies across the operation.
Requirements of the role
- Proven senior experience in managing systems and processes
- Track record of experience in digital capability building / implementation
- Experience in managing people
- Portuguese (CEFR C2)
- English (CEFR C1)
How to apply
Please apply via the British Council global careers website.
Applications will close on Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 23:59 Colombia time (1:59 a.m. Brazil time).
Only applications submitted through the online system will be accepted. No additional information will be provided to candidates at this stage.
- Permit to work in Brazil is necessary. The British Council is not able to support or sponsor work visa applications or relocation costs for non-Brazilians applicants.