Test Day Delivery Coordinator - Exams
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We are currently looking for a Test Day Delivery Coordinator - Exams to work in our offices in São Paulo, Brazil.
|Location||Sao Paulo, SP|
|Salary||H - $4.235,00 BRL|
|Duration||Fixed Term, 1 year with possibility to renew|
|Closing date||Domingo, Julho 25, 2021|
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams in Brazil. To manage Venue Supervisor and Invigilator engagement, relationship and performance which could include management through a temporary employment agency. To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services. To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on test day. To coordinate and manage the dispatch of materials to venues for open and closed exams sessions. To coordinate Examiner attendance and activities at local and remote locations. This role will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
Main opportunities and challenges for this role
- This role is key to ensuring delivery of British Council exams operations at test centre level under the Global New Operating Model for Exams being implemented across the business.
- Working with new systems and processes and ensuring that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
- Acting in unforeseen situations to identify and solve problems and ensure Test Day is successfully executed and compliant.
- Adopting new systems and system functionalities as they come online.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following
- Undertake planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC and exam board process.
- Receive and implement instructions and requests from cluster operations according to established SLAs, and plan and organise given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Receive and respond to internal and external customer enquiries and be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identify where more complex issues require resolution by others and refer them on accordingly.
- Support continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service and delivery/systems in Exams.
- Proactively work with the Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of internal and external customer complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensure the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiners and Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications.
- Use standard procedures and templates to regularly record, analyse and report on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Plan and prioritise own work activities across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
Requirements of the role
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Undergraduate/University degree or equivalent.
- Ability to operate in Portuguese (both written and spoken) at B2 (according to CEFR).
- Ability to operate in English at B2 (according to CEFR).
The postholder is expected to work some Saturdays and Sundays depending on a rotational schedule.
How to apply
Please apply via the British Council global careers website until Sunday, July 25 at 23:59 Colombia time.